All of the following are to be completely adhered to before any flame or cooking is started. If any of the below is not completely adhered to at any time the vendor may not participate in the Farmers’ Market and can be terminated immediately without written notice.
1. One minimum 20-B:C rated fire extinguisher, in operable condition and valid service date, shall be provided in each cooking booth.
2. Cooking devices using propane must have the propane cylinders outside the booth and properly secured in an upright position to prevent tripping over.
3. All fittings and hoses used with propane shall be secured tightly and approved for such use by an approved testing laboratory.
4. Limit of one propane cylinder per appliance. Propane cylinder size is limited to 5.76 gallon capacity. Total Propane amounts shall be limited to 20 gallons per vendor. Replacement propane tanks may be stored in vehicles not in the Farmers Market premises.
5. Flammable liquids shall not be used to start charcoal. Exception – approved charcoal lighter fluid.
6. No open flame cooking under canopies.
7. Deep fat fryers or any cooking device capable of splashing hot oil or water shall be located to the rear of the booth.
8. A minimum of 3 feet clearance must be provided between the public and the cooking device by a barricade.
9. Seating shall be a minimum of 15’ from booths with open flame devices or cooking appliances.
10. All fire lanes shall be clear of vehicles and equipment at all times.
11. Only 3 prong extension cords shall be used.
12. Canopies shall be of a flame-retarded material and have State of California Fire Marshall flame certification.
13. All decorative materials and fabric shall be inherently flame proof or properly treated in booths that have open flame devices or cooking appliances.
14. All cooking food booths shall have a copy of Fire Department requirements for cooking in their booth.
15. No smoking within 25 feet of the propane cylinder and no smoking inside the tent or canopy.
16. There shall be a competent adult in cooking booths at all times to insure safety.
17. At the termination of use, the embers and ashes shall be safely disposed of.
Please read all rules and regulations before submitting an application